Sunday, August 29, 2010

So...

After yesterday's blog, I truly was bothered by the idea that we (my Hottie and I) are boring people.

Do I really feel that way?

Are we really old and boring?

After swimming in my thoughts all day long about this, around 8:30pm last night, I came to the conclusion....YES! I do feel like we are kind-of boring people. There is nothing wrong with being "home bodies", and I certainly don't want to blow the budget ever weekend to have some crazy excursion. However, I do want this time in our lives to be intentional. We have agreed to not start a family yet. Therefore, if we are choosing to wait, we need to intentionally be:

1. Seeking the Lord and spending good, quality time with Him
2. Learning how to serve each other and working harder each day to be a better spouse
3. Sleep in and stay up late when we can
4. Have spontaneous moments of fun (picnics, hikes, a weekend away, visit the zoo, etc..)

All the above mentioned things are extremely hard to come by once a new baby comes into the picture. I don't want us wasting this season of life we have been given.

I shared all these thoughts with my sweet husband, and he concurred. We both got dressed at 8:30pm, headed to dinner and then went bowling till midnight. :) After bowling we enjoyed pie, coffee and conversation.

....maybe I will have some things to write about in the future... :)




No comments: